Monday, August 1, 2016

Celebrating SSS Monday Challenge 6th anniversary with a card and video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge turning 6!  We are celebrating and this week Simon Says Stamp gives two 50 dollar vouchers away! So be sure to join in! We are showcasing Simon Says Stamp exclusive products!



It's been six years since this great challenge blog has begun. It's so amazing that Simon Says Stamp is so invested in the craft community. That, I think is part of their great success. I'm now more than four years a member of this great design team and I'm so thankful that I can work with such amazing fellow designers and that I may represent Simon Says Stamp. It's such a fantastic company and family.




For my card I used lots of Simon Says Stamp products. I started with the Leaves Background stamp. It's such a cool stamp. I used different Distress Inks, and I wasn't thinking to work from light to dark, mostly because I didn't know which colors I was going to use. With Spiced Marmalade I'd picked up a bit of Pine Needles. Whoops! But by swiping the ink pad on a clean piece of paper, it cleans it right up.


 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of one of the two $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

13 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, the background is fabulous and I love how you made the banner, the washi tape is a perfect finishing touch! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

Your card is beautiful, Sandra! I love the background and the banner is awesome. Great design!

Hugs,
Cathie ♥

Maura said...

Love what you said there at the beginning of your post, you put it perfectly! Your card is so lovely, Sandra. I especially like the little blackbird sitting on the rope. Love how you mixed bright colors and vintage! hugs, maura

Beulah Bee said...

Hooray is right! Hope you get a very special present for all your hard work this year :) You are always inspiring, always amazing and I always look forward to seeing your creations.

Anna-Karin said...

I love this card Sandra! The background looks amazing! I particularly like the partial word stamping on the background. I hope you are enjoying summer! Hugs! Anna-Karin

Stephanie said...

You always make the most interesting and eye catching backgrounds and this week is of no exception! Love it, Sandra!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kath Stewart said...

stunning card Sandra...love how you used the leaves background...hugs kath xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Your creation is awesome, Sandra. Love the fantastic colors. :)

Macarena said...

Yuppi! I will repeat I love your videos and watch them not only once (don't tell anybody!) and I guess you definitely convinced me to use the background stamps with distress inks melted with water which I didn't try before! Lovely background against the strong black details! Hugs, Marzena

Emma Williams said...

Absolutely stunning Sandra...I LOVE that background and the colours are just amazing! Beautiful work, as always... Hugs :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

You always have such clever details! I really like how you did the banner and spelled out Hooray! It's a great piece that turned out perfectly!

Barbara said...

Fabulous background Sandra, colors are stunning and you know how I love your touch of black! Barbara

Marjie Kemper said...

Super project and a great tutorial. Off to pin for another day!