Monday, July 30, 2018

Wild Things card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Wild Things".


I had the Stacked Deckle dies for a while now and I really needed to use it. I started with the biggest one and cut it out of Kraft cardstock. The Crackle Paste I tried to make it black with Distress Paint Black Soot, only the Paste became slightly too fluid. It went a bit under the Industrial stencil because of it... Does anyone have a tip to be able to color the Crackle Paste without getting too fluid?


  

The second largest of the Stacked Deckle dies I used with white cardstock and stamped it with the Papillon stamp and then color given with Distress Ink Peeled Paint and Ground Espresso. After the Crackle Paste was dry I gave it some more interest by using the Read to Me stamp in random placed and I went over the crackles with Metallique Wax Bronze Age to emphasize them more.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

14 comments:

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

OH!!! i LOVE this card!!

Dawn Darlene said...

Great colour and feel to this!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra!! The raven is stunning and I love the colours and background, beautiful,, LOVE LOVE LOVE :-) ❤️

luv
Lols x x x

Beulah Bee said...

The raven looks SO GOOD in the scene you created! Regarding the black crackle--my only thought would be to let it sit awhile after mixing so that it dries/thickens up a little before using with a stencil. I've tried tinting paste medium black (never works--I always end up with gray) but you have peaked my curiosity and I'd like to try tinting crackle.

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous card, Sandra. The layered embellishments and all the details are awesome. :)

Maura said...

Awesome card, Sandra! I love it when you go grungy! Wonderful layers - they seem to float on the surface. hugs, Maura

Macarena said...

This is so cool and misterious! I love the deep dark vibe you got here and I love your green projects which you make a lot. The crackled background rocks! Hugs, Marzena

Stephanie said...

STUNNING layers and textures, Sandra! I love the textures and dark color combo do go really well with the raven :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Words and Pictures said...

Love your crow, perched in his jungle nest - a great card.
Alison x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is really lovely! I love how you went with a dark theme and the stenciled black background is stunning!

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous card with so many fabulous layers and textures ~ I LOVE this Sandra! Hugs :)

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Sandra, love how the raven is so striking against the beautiful background and layers of colour, hugs kath xxx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Gorgeous card!

Barbara said...

Wonderful card, love the frame you created, fabulous colors! Barbara