Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Back to Nature art journal spread


Hi everyone,

I'm back with a new art journal spread made for a Vintage Journey where the challenge is "Back to Nature". That's my favorite theme, and had so much fun creating this spread.


I started with a double sheet of the old book that I used last time and applied with a old gift card 3 colors of Opal Magic Paint: Voilet-Green, Green-Gold and Rose-Gold. Such a fun effect. Then I applied with the Sunset Sunrise stencil some Texture Paste and went over it with the same Opal Paint colors when it was dry. This time with a Silicon Brush.


 

I went to a craft fair last week and found Nuvo Shimmer Powders, and I had to try them. I really like Infusions, because of the walnut stain pigment in it, but sometimes it gets to brown. So a mica pigment would be perfect to complement each other. And I believe I was right, because I love the outcome.

 

SUPPLIES:




Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

4 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Sandra x It's lovely to have you on board with us at A Vintage Journey for Jennie's fabulous Back to Nature challenge x Your journal spread looks amazing and I love all the texture and details you have incorporated xx

Those ladies look they are having a good catch up as they walk around this beautiful nature spot x

TFS and Best Wishes
Annie CG xx

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous drama in the lights and darks here - you always use black so well - I'm a little afraid of it! - and I love those inky splodges against the book text in the background.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, and thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey!
Alison x

SewPaperPaint said...

Wow Sandra! This is one incredible journal spread! I just love the vibe and gorgeous array of details. Thanks so much for sharing in our Back to Nature challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Autumn