Monday, May 6, 2019

Green Metallic art journal spread with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Add Something Metallic". We're also showcasing Brutus Monroe products this week.


It was time for an art journal spread and I wanted to try out the layout that I have been using recently with my making cards in an art journal spread. I started to apply texture with the Spaced Dots Stencil and Crackle Paste. When it was dry I applied a layer of Clear Gesso to cover the whole page. Because of the texture it was quite difficult to apply it well around the crackled dots.

 

After this layer was also dry I applied the first color layers with Distress Inks, in Mowed Lawn, Broken China, Lucky Clover and Faded Jeans. Because of the Gesso, the Distress Ink are less vibrant and look a bit like Oxides, not the same properties though. After that I started working with the Nuvo Shimmers, and soon there wasn't much left of the original Distress Ink layer, because of the Gesso it doesn't absorb into the paper and mixes with water and the Shimmer. I spent quite a while building up layers until I was satisfied with the result. It made the video a bit longer than usual :).

 

After the Shimmer Powders, I applied even more metallic with the Antique Brilliance and Metallic waxes. These waxes smell so nice. And they are so fun to work with. Because of the collage stamping of last week I wanted to use more stamps then usual and this time more on top of each other. And I also like this effect a lot, and it's a lot less work ...;) . As the final step I used the Peacock Sequins from Brutus Monroe, which are such pretty sequins, and also cool that they come in different sizes.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

4 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous art journalling Sandra :-) the colours and textures are fabulous, and so 'you' :-) I just love this,, beautifully done :-)


Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Maura said...

Green metallic, oh yes!!! Gorgeous pages with their lovely layers and colors, Sandra! Happy May! Maura

Anna-Karin said...

So stunning Sandra! I love those wonderful shades of green metallic. I hope you had a good weekend!

Barbara said...

Your pages are always fantastic! I adore this shade of green and your fabulous design! barbara