Monday, June 15, 2020

Sprayed Background card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Sprays and Splashes".


Thanks to Tim Holtz's Facebook lives, I've used my sprays more often lately, but I still find it difficult to use sprays. I used Distress Oxide and Distress Spray Stains this time. I started with a little water, so that the sprays blend nicely and the Distress Oxide Spray reacts immediately. I applied 2 layers of spray.

 

Through the Bubble stencil I applied Distress Resist Spray, and thought it would be a good idea to apply the rest of the spray on the stencil in the background, but I had forgotten that it is actually a kind of glue ... And a little bit of Heavystock came off when I pulled the stencil up ... Okay, lesson learned, don't do that again!
With the Heat Tool I dried the Distress Resist Spray and then made it hot again, after which I immediately used Pewter Glimmer Foil on top so that it sticks to it. That worked very well with the bubbles, but with the negative of the bubbles it didn't work as well, possibly because there was less Resist Spray, a thinner layer that didn't stick well enough.
So if you don't have a Minc machine, this is a good alternative. You should use foil that responds well to heat.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:




To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $25 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

0 comments: