Monday, August 24, 2020

Beautiful Spooky Botanical Card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Beautiful Botanicals".


Yes, the Halloween season has definitely started, and you will see a lot of Halloween cards passing by the next few weeks. Although I also like to make botanical style cards, I also really enjoyed doing it with a Halloween twist. I started with Distress Ink in Barn Door, Fired Brick and Black Soot. Then I added some interest with the Undertaker stamp set. And the Latticework stencil with Distress Ink Black Soot.



 

From the Halloween Paper Dolls I picked a lady and gave her red eyes and lips with Distress Embossing Glaze Fired Brick. It's not as beautifully applied as I would have liked, but it somehow makes it even more creepy, so I like it. For the botanical part I used the Mini Tattered Florals and Garden Greens dies. I cut these out in black and red and made the red darker with Distress Ink Black Soot.
At the top I used the new Spider Web cutting die along with the cute little spider.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:




To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $25 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

0 comments: