Monday, August 10, 2020

Summer Memories card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Summer Memories".


It's been a real unsual summer, the summer of 2020. Don't think that we will forget this one soon. Unfortunately I didn't go on vacation this year, but that doesn't  really matter. Instead, I made face masks all my vacation long. Although I didn't let that inspire me for this card. But the summery weahter and the beautiful summer days did. Athough it is a bit too hot at the moment, and my apartment is like an oven, LOL!

 

First I used most of the stamps from the Dare to Dream stamp set and made a kind of collage. I have provided this with a layer of White Gesso and Clear Gesso. Then I used the Rays stencil with Crackle Texture Paste. Mine was very dried out and as a result the Distress Embossing Glaze Tattered Rose and Fossilized Amber didn't quite stick to it. I started applying the first colors with Nuvo Shimmer Powder Solar Flare and Sunray Crossette, Infusions Golden Sands, Liquid Acrylics True Yellow and Tiger Orange. For the bottom, I used Nuvo Shimmer Powder Green Parade, Infusions Emerald Isle, and Liquid Acrylics Avocado.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:





To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $25 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

0 comments: