Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another OCCC: Totally Transparent

Hi Bloggies!

Today yet another challenge! Yes, again:). From Marjie Kemper I received yet another lovely response, this time on my first OCCC. And she invited me to join again today. And I'm very easy ;), so of course I will. This afternoon my friend Ellen and me had a creative afternoon planned. She went to work to create a layout that will fit in a frame. And I went to work on the new OCCC (Our Creative Corner Challenge). This time the challenge was to use something transparent. First I had the idea of ​​embossing onto the transparency. I knew it would melt and rimple, but I wanted to try it anyway. It looked pretty cool but the embossing came of quickly. So I had to think of somehing else.
From the previous challenge I had some leaves left over. Since it's autumn I wanted to stick to that color pallet. And started to color the leaves with distress ink.I used the new Gathered Twiggs for the leaves! Then I had a idea to cut the leaves out of transparency. I've smeared stickles on them with my finger. I didn't have matching color ribbon and lace, so I inked them with stains. This is the result:






Hope you like it!

Sandra

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow! These leaves are beautiful!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Ooh, how fantastic are those leaves? Very cool the way you did them on a transparency. I love the colors and the shine of the Stickles. Terrific take on the OCC challenge. We're so happy to have you joining in the fun with us again this week. Hope you will become a regular!

Patricia said...

PRACHTIG gewoon!
Groet Patricia

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... those leaves look spectacular ...and I love that gorgeous lace ribbon, great card!
Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

So glad you've come back! Hope we've hooked you. Your leaves are beautiful with the sparkle and shine and that strip of black lace and buttons is a wonderful anchor for them. Thanks for joining us again at OCCC... you know I hope we see you again next week!