Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas - Another Tim tag

Hi everyone,

Jeez, the time went by fast. Tomorrow is already Christmas. And therefor I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry christmas!! Hope you enjoy yourselves during this gerat holiday! And I also wanted to share one more christmas themed project.
I'm entering this tag for Simon Says Stamp and Show and Our Creative Corner challenge. For OCC, my inspiration is a bow, I have bows everywhere.
During the first 10 tags of 12 tags of Christmas from Tim, I didn't have alcohol inks. And this seemed like a good time to practice the techniques that Tim used for tag 5 and 7. I don't have many different colors, so I had to work with all the colors I had. Green-ish, blue-ish and silver. I kept the tag very simple, mainly because I want to show the techniques it did. I didn't get the right result for the technique of tag 5, but I actually like the outcome also.
The result:




The required materials:
  • Transparent sheet
  • Alcohol Ink: Lettuce, Silver, Pool, Stream
  • Alcohol blending solution
  • Stamp: Tim Holtz
  • Aluminum foil
  • Glassine kraft paper
  • Uni-ball pen: white
  • Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a Merry Christmas!
Sandra

11 comments:

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Sandra,
Wow, you have certainly mastered these tags, I just love this one - what a wonderful effect you've achieved and the reindeer looks marbled -& loved those foil leaves, what a clever idea, just gorgeous! Have a lovely Christmas! Hugs, Teresa x

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

WAUW die is mooi Sannie!!! Super gaaf met al die kleuren groen en dat hert is mooi!!!

Ik heb van Gerda een flesje alcohol ink gehad (een bruin tint) misschien kan jij mij laten zien wat ik ermee kan doen.

Liefs & dikke kus,
Leintje*

Candy C said...

Hello Sandra! Your tag is just beautiful! I really love the marbled effect of the background and then the contrasting reindeer! It looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Happy Holidays! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Sandra, lovely tag, the green is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. Tracy x

Sandy said...

Sandra your tag is gorgeous! Merry Christmas cutie!!
Sandy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

To do for background...just stunning and eye catching!

Maria said...

Lovely job with the alcohol inks, Sannie! This is beautiful ... I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas!

Marjie Kemper said...

Your background is so rich! Love what you did with the AIs. Thanks for joining us again this week at Our Creative Corner!

Marie said...

Sandra I love your alcohol ink tag. The reindeer that is outlined in white is stunning.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my gosh...this is really fabulous! I love the green alcohol ink marbling with the metallic holly. Absolutely stunning! : )

Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube

Anne Marie Hile said...

Sandra, your tag is gorgeous! I love the rich shades you crreated from the inks. The reindeer just pos off the tag, with the white outline. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Happy New Year! :)