Thursday, July 12, 2012

12 tags of 2012 - July

Hi everyone,

Today I found some time to make the July tag for the 12 tags of 2012. Unfortunately I don't have compressed air at my disposal and I seriously don't know where I could get some. But luckily I saw that others used a straw instead to create a kind of simular effect. And a straw I do have!


I'm also joining in the fun at Frilly and Funkie and when I saw that the challenge was altered metal, I knew that I wanted to use some foil tape. This time I've used a ATC instead of a tag.


First I stuck the foil tape on a piece of cardstock and then embossed it. Then it was time for some fun with the alcohol ink and straw. I think for this kind of surface it is better to use a straw instead of the compressed air. Especially on such a small area. I colored the ribbon with the alcohol inks to make it very bright. It really blends well together. Hope it isn't a fire hazard or anything...



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

18 comments:

Julie Aldridge said...

Wow! I love this! Gorgeous colors!

Sandy said...

Sandra this is really neat. I did read where some else used a straw too. Pretty good idea with more control I would think. I love the colors you have used on the this. I think this would look great in an art journal.
Sandy

Suzanne C said...

very cool! Love the metal and the colors!!! Beautiful!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous gorgeous color and then the embossing is utterly fantastic!!!! WOW!!!

Cis-sy said...

Leuk gedaan zo!
en idd een passende titel!
Groetjes Cis xoxo

Cornelie said...

Gaaf!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool ATC Sandra ! Love the colours and using a straw has worked really well. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

anna christensen crafts said...

Ooh! This is fab! I love the colours (I used a straw too) and that embossing is very effective, gorgeous

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

And...thank you for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Mooi gedaan San, en dat met een rietje!!! FUN. Het resultaat is echt super mooi en de kleuren zijn echt prachtig!!!
You rock!!

Liefs,
Leintje*

Annie said...

Hi Sandra...lovin the colours you have used on this fab tag. I will also have to use a straw. Good Luck in the challenge and thank you for sharing x

Marjie Kemper said...

I can't get over how cool the brown metals look against the bright sprays of color... LOVE it! Thanks for sharig this with us at Frilly and Funkie!!

Patricia said...

SUPER GAAF!!!!!!
heel leuk verzonnen zeg!
Groetjes Patricia

Terry said...

The straw worked absolutely perfectly! Love the vibrant colors! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie! Most computer stores and maybe auto stores sell the compressed air. I purchased mine at WalMart! Happy Weekend!

Teresa Kline said...

awesome tag!

enjoy *~*

Ann said...

LOVE this little altered metal ATC and the vivid colors! The embossed riveted background make a great effect!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh wow! This is so colorful and vibrant. The alcohol ink looks fantastic against the embossed foil. What a great idea to use a straw to spread the ink. I didn't play in this challenge because I didn't have a chance to get out and look for the compressed air, totally never thought about using a straw! Super entry into the altered metal challenge. So great to have you joining in the fun with us this time around at Frilly and Funkie!

Hugs,
Linda

Anna-Karin said...

This tag is so cool Sandra! Great idea of doing the technique on foil tape, and to emboss it with the riveted metal folder. Love the vibrant colours!