Monday, September 2, 2019

Shadow Skull Halloween card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Using a clear element". And we're also showcasing Visible Image products. So if you have any, we would love to see them in your project.


The Skull Shadow mask was my starting point for this card. First I made the background brown with Distress Ink Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. With Sticky Grid I attached my card to my surface, and then I also stuck down the mask with washi tape. Without the Sticky Grid it would have been a lot harder to keep everything in place and get a nice and clean result from the mask.

 

With Distress Oxide Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn and Dusty Concord I've added the traditional Halloween colors. And with Distress Ink Ground Espresso I've given the eyes, nose and edges a darker color. With the Distress Crayon Walnut Stain I've added a little more depth and made it even darker. Distress Crayons smudge well on a Distress Inks / Oxides surface if they aren't completely dry yet. I added some extra drama with jute rope, the Skull itself is pretty dramatic, but with Halloween it can't be dramatic enough, right?

 

As the clear element I used Silhouette Erase Sticker Paper. I cut out my Silhouette Cameo the letters and colored them with Alcohol Ink Lettuce, Mineral and Pitch Black. Due to the somewhat darker colors, the clear element was lost a bit, nut believe me it was clear before...

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

4 comments:

Redanne said...

He really does have quite a sinister look about him but adding the metal flower to his eye gives him more of a 'Day of the Dead' look. Loved your video! Anne x

Anna-Karin said...

This is so cool and spooky! The flower in the eye was a great idea. Hugs!

Annette Reed said...

This is fantastic! Thanks for the video. I think I'm a new fan. I love all the layering and embellishments. Great Halloween card.

Maura said...

Awesome way to use the skull stencil Sandra!! Love what you created! Maura