Monday, December 2, 2013

Blooming

Hi everyone,

When it's winter time it's so nice to play with colors and flowers, even though spring and summer are still far far away. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge it's all about incorporating flourishes into your project. Anything from flowers stamps to stencils, from filigree to embossed. Let your creativity bloom.


I grabbed my art journal to work in and to make something colorful. When I heard what the theme for this week was, I immediately thought of my logo. A while ago I did some screen printing in a graphic workshop my neighborhood. I printed my logo in many different colors and sizes. It's all printed on fabric.

 

A tip for when you start with screen printing, always use a medium that ensures that the paint does not dry immediately, because then it dries up the screen and it gets clogged. For example use  Claudine Hellmuth Extra Time Slow Dry Medium. I used regular acrylic paint, and to make it washable in the washingmachine you need a medium such as Ranger Fabric Medium.



I started by putting some Washi tape on to the seam to ensure that nothing is leaking through.Then I go my Pure Sunshine and Bubblegum Dylusions Sprays and sprayed with a few stencils. The used the color combination of yellow and fuchsia ​​with a few black accents.



Over time I've collected a whole bunch of different washi tapes. Currently I have 43 of the. There are a few clear favorites, such as the Black Polka Dots, Dictonairy and Black Basics.



50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

so very cool! Love to see you in "action" :)

Patricia said...

WAUW wat een gave journal zeg!!!!
Gr Patricia

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a colorful and beautiful page, Sandra. I love your pretty logo and all the wash tapes you used. Great design! :)

Michelle said...

Way to work that squeegee! I think it's VERY cool that you incorporated screen printing into your work. Awesome!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Sandra! Love your pretty color palette and mix of patterns!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This project is amazing-- and you're right! I love how you gave us a summer vibe even as the temperatures plummet! It's a gorgeous logo, too, and I love the concept of screen printing. Everything you do inspires me to get out of my box and try a new technique!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow the colour really pops on these pages Sandra. I always love your use of colour and then the contrast of the black stamping. Very eye catching. Love your use of tape too on this piece. Great image. Tracy x x

Candy C said...

Your art journal pages are very cool, Sandra. I love your bright colors and your use of the Washi tape. Your logo is a really pretty one and the flowing, flourishing hair on your women's silhouette is gorgeous. Love the black against the color! <3 Candy

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Always cool to see your pages in the process of being made because the outcome is so detailed and beautiful!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

barbarayaya62 said...

very cool! love all your works!! BArbarayaya

Dawn G Designs said...

Love your creativity! Your work is beautiful!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic bright journal pages! Love the black image with the word bloom along the side! The photos of the screen printing are cool.

Anna-Karin said...

Such a bright and happy page Sandra. And you logo is so pretty, how cool that you got to screen print it.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fabulous pages Sandra! Love the bold bright colors, and the lady is beautiful! Great art!

Terry said...

Oh my goodness, you are so clever and so talented! Stunning pages full of vibrant color and I love your pretty lady logo! Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Love her flourishing hair! And the black is so cool with all those vibrant colours - fabulous pages.
Alison x

Maria said...

What a beautiful art page! And I love that photo from your graphic design class, how fun!!