Monday, December 9, 2013

You rock!

Hi everyone,

It's monday again and winter is slowly making his entrance. The days are getting shorter and the nights getting extra long. To get through these dark and wintery times Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge has a fun theme for us. DT member Anna-Karin asks to let us be inspired by tissue!
Paula, a good friend of mine recently switched job. A good reason to make her a card to encourage her and let her know that I'm sure she's going to rock her new job. She loves bright colors and she's just as crazy about Neon Pink as I am. So pink it will be! It's been a while since I 've used Tissue Wrap and it's so great. Normal tissue is very fragile, but this is not. It looks a bit like printed wax paper. Therefore very easy to use. I used the Tissue Wrap in the background and created some wrinkles in it for some texture. To bring it a bit into the back I covered it with a thin layer of Gesso.



I'm so happy with the exclusive Simon Says Stamp Blocked Circle stencil! The pattern is so cool. I've done two layers over each other with a small offset. First layer is done with the Neon Pink Dauber and the seconds with Color Shine Bronzer.



Making my own pattern letters combined with washi tape and the Wordplay die is so much fun. Not every pattern is suitable for this, but the Black Polka Dots Washi tape is perfect.



50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! LOVE that polka dot title!!!

Candy C said...

Sandra...your card for your friend is very cool. I love the vibrant colors! "ROCK" really pops off of that card and I love it! The blacks and white and pinks really are awesome together. I'm sure your friend will love this card! <3 Candy

Mona Pendleton said...

What a gorgeous mixed media card Sandra! I love the fun color palette with the burst of pink and contrast of black!

Anna-Karin said...

This is such a cool card Sandra! Fabulous mix of patterns and the pink is perfect. Love those dotty letters.

Terry said...

You Rock, Sandra! What a sweet and thoughtful card for your friend! Love the vibrant feel and all those fun elements! Have a wonderful week! Hugs!

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a beautiful card! Sandra. I love all the awesome colors. Pink is also my favorite! Sweet design! :)

Patricia said...

SUPER GAAF zeg Sandra!!!
Gr Patricia

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

What a super sweet & gorgeous encouragement card! I'm really diggin' the design!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Billie A said...

Boy your friend ROCKS but so do you. YOU ROCK what an awesome great project. Love all the details and colors. Beautiful work. What a great friend you are.

Suzanne C said...

I just love the bright colors on this! The pink makes the project such a happy color and design! Fabulous!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great card Sandra, loving the neon pink and black combination. The stencil is fabulous and so eye catching. Love your use of tissue. Tracy x

Jenny Marples said...

Your friend must be thrilled to bits with this Sandra. Love the mix of tissue and stencilling. Jenny x

Cheryl C said...

... and you rock, too! Loving your layout of design and color. Just had to pin it!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Sandra, I am so excited receiving your Christmas card today! I love love love the fantastic card you made. Thank you so much!! Love & hugs. :)

Linda Kunsman said...

LOVE! the vibrant message and colors!!

barbarayaya62 said...

You rock SAndra! I love your card , it's a perfect card for a girl! Stunning work! Barbarayaya

Michelle said...

Beautifully done, Sandra! I've always admired your use of color. You can really use it well. The colors really pop here. It's fabulous!

I also want to thank you SOOOO much for the lovely card you sent me. I've been showing it off to everyone. I love it! :) Thanks again! ~Michelle

Sandy said...

I think you are the one that rocks kid - and this is one rocking card!
Happy Holidays Sandra!!
sandy

Greta said...

A work of art! Love the Washi for the word Rock!