Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Just a Note card


Hi everyone,

Playing along with another Frilly and Funkie that's called "Just My Type".
The rules for this challenge are: create a vintage or shabby chic project and include a typewriter, typewriter keys, typeface.


I love the look of old vintage typewriters, but never used it as inspiration for a project. So I had lots of fun to do so this time. I used the typewriter from the Purveyor stamp set and colored it with a water brush and Distress Ink. I cut out a simple rectangle frame and covered it with Grit-Paste. Painted it black and went over it with Bronze Age Metallique Wax.



 

The background is made by first stamping with the She Print stamp and used Texture Paste with the Typo stencil to create some texture. When the paste was dry I used Ground Espresso and Steampunk Copper paint in most of the places and on the rest I used Infusions Black Knight. The sentiment I cut out of Gold Foil cardstock (thanks, Frederique!) with my Silhouette Cameo. Love using it more and more the last few weeks. It was eating so much dust the last few years.

  

SUPPLIES:




Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

3 comments:

Larimore2 said...

Just got finished w my own entry & taking a peek in on others.
This is COOL!! Such clean-cut. detailed pieces!!
I'm loving the color those large letters are sporting, too!!!

sarascloset said...

Oh, my goodness! How I love this piece of art! I love that rich, rich texture and really just everything about it! INSPIRING!Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

Jenny Marples said...

Breathtaking Sandra!!! I love all that scrumptious texture in the background and of course the typewriter at the centre. Thank you for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge blog xx