Monday, October 29, 2018

Take Flight Halloween card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Take Flight".


Halloween is almost here, it's now only a few days away! So time for the last Halloween card of the season. As the flying part of my card I used the Batground stencil. But I first started making the background. I used Distress Oxide Fired Brick with Distress Oxide and Ink Black Soot to make the background look like a dark creepy night. A night full of creepiness.

 

The bats are added with Texture Paste that I colored black with Distress Paint Black Soot and the Batground stencil. I gave them a bit of a silver glow with Metallique Wax Old Silver. I made the Paper Doll boys a bit spooky by giving them red eyes (of course ;)). The tree I gave a coat of Crackle Paint Rock Candy and then I went over it with Distress Crayon Black Soot to make the crackle more visible.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

15 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!!!

Lagene said...

Thanks for the video! I loved seeing how you created all the detailed elements!

Lorraine A said...

super spooky card Sandra!! the background is fabulous, love those stencilled bats, and the red eyed boys ae terrifying!! haha, LOVE it :-)

hope you have a great week!
Luv
Lols x x x
p.s, thanks so much for you r fabulouscard!! ❤️We don't celebrate Halloween as such, but as I have made several Halloween things I will be dotting them around the place and invite some friends over for some witches brew and fingers, so your card will certainly add to the spooky ambience ;-)

Lorraine A said...

pps I still have the Halloween ATC that you sent to me a few years ago too, that will also be out on display ;-) XXX

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! These boys look quite menacing!! I love the way you created the bat background-- so cool!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

SO SO SPOOKY! LOVE the bat filled sky and full moon, and those twins are gonna give me nightmares! SO fun!

Cheryl said...

I love how you made this background, especially stenciling the bats. Of course, you would use red for eyes and buttons, and they work perfectly here. I do love all your charming grungy cards. This is my favorite Halowwenie card, right next to the gothic man from a couple of Halloweens ago. He was absolutely stunning, and someday, if I acquire those terrific men stamps, I will have some Halloween fun! The one you did recently, reminded me of the one a year ago. It’s great too. Hope you keep up making videos, for I always know, I will hear Kensington, while I sit with you, as you play, for I always enjoy them. Thanks, Sannie.

Macarena said...

Wow, the scene is really creepy and it doesn't surprise me that the kids holding their hands so tight, lol. Love the background and I think the red color gave it this creepy mood, looks like a bloody sky.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a spook-tacular card (grin!). The background with all those bats in your spooky sky look wonderful 😁. Happy Halloween and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

Maura said...

Dark and spooky! Love all of those flying bats, and the two boys fit this perfectly, Sandra! Happy Halloween! Maura

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This looks absolutely amazing! I adore the way you used the bat stencil and think it is one of the most stunning backgrounds I've ever seen. You are so talented at making beautiful Halloween creations.

Kath Stewart said...

another spooky masterpiece, hugs kath xxx

Anna-Karin said...

This is so spooky Sandra! The background is stunning and those two kids are so scary, I can hardly look at them! I hope you had a good weekend! Hugs!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fantastic Halloween card, Sandra. Such a spooky and awesome design! :)

Barbara said...

FAntastic card Sandra , love the colors and the way you altered Paper Dolls is fabulous, so spooky! barbara