Monday, March 25, 2019

Thankful Paint card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Play with Paint".


It's been a while since I used my Opal Magic Paints, but two of them were also used up, so glad they were back in stock at Simon Says Stamp just in time for this challenge. I first applied Texture Paste with the Tiles stencil and applied random Washi Tape. Then it was time to play with the Opal Magic Paints, I used 4 of them, Blue-Gold, Rose-Gold, Yellow-Pink and Green-Gold.

 

When the paint was dry I started working with Nuvo Shimmer Powders. They don't do very well on the Opal Magic paint. But in combination with Infusions they do a lot better, so I added them afterwards. To create even more contrast and depth, I've diluted Distress Paint Black Soot with water and applied in two corners.

  

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

11 comments:

Macarena said...

Wow! What an explosion and a brave mix of colors! Love the way it turned out and i love both oposite corners with their depth and totally different shades. You're convincing me more and more to order thise powder and see if I like them as much as you do. Hugs, Marzena

Maura said...

Sandra, this is gorgeous!! I love how you have added so many colors to the card and they blend so beautifully! Those opal paints are lovely, I have to dig mine out now! hugs, Maura

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Artsy brick graffiti look almost...love the deep colors that you do oh so well!

Red Queen Art Creations said...

This is absolutely amazing, the combination of colours is stunning and the gold sentiment really finishes your card beautifully, Eleanor x

dagmarakos.blogspot.com said...

I love your project and the whole blog, great work!

Barbara said...

This color combination is stunning! Video is fantastic....Every time I watch your videos my wish-list expands! Now I need Nuvo powders and some opal paints! barbara

Stephanie said...

Wow, Sandra! This color combination is just STUNNING! Love the grid texture too :D

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anna-Karin said...

This card is fantastic Sandra. I love the color combination and all the wonderful textures. And the cool grid background effect.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is color and texture at its best! I love the way you mix bright pops of colors with the darker neutrals. You have so much talent and I always look forward to your projects!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love this fabulous card, Sandra. The texture and colors you created are always awesome. :)

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

every time I wonder how you are able to achieve such deep and rich colors!!! i am amazed!!!