Monday, April 1, 2019

April Foil card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Don't be Fooled be Foiled". We're also showcasing Gina K Designs products this week!


I really like foil, so I was very happy with this challenge. First, with the Mixed Media # 6 set, I cut the pluses out and adhered them in the opposite corner in the same pattern. I find that effect really cool. Then I applied a layer of Clear Gesso to make sure that the colors that I'm  applying don't immediately soak into the paper and blend well with each other.


 

After the Gesso was dry, I used Distress Ink Wild Honey as the first layer of color. Then I continued with Nuvo Shimmer Powder Solar Flare, Catherine Wheel and Infusions Orange County to build up the colors. These colors really go together perfectly. To get some more metallic shimmer, I used the Metallique Wax Firebird. What a beautiful wax that is! Buta as it's Gina K week I used her Rose Gold Embossing Powder with the Dapper stamp set and VersaMark ink. I hardly ever use embossing powder as part of a background, but I have to do that more often!

 

And as it's a foil challenge, I also had to use it ... Along the edges I applied Distress Ink Ground Espresso to make the edges "damp" so that the Bonding Powder sticks and after I heated it with a heat tool I applied the Rose Gold Foil.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

6 comments:

Maura said...

Wonderful mix of color and texture here, Sandra! Love the little girl with her wings! Maura

Macarena said...

This is so cool, the positive and negative pieces on the background are stunning and the colors are so warm and sunny. Love the foiled edges and embossed letters. Hugs, Macarena

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Sandra, it has the look of burnished copper and the foiled accents are perfect, hugs kath xxx

Anna-Karin said...

This card is so pretty Sandra! I love the bits of foil, and also the partial numbers. Gorgeous layering in the background. And you gave her butterfly wings! So cute. I hope you had a great weekend!!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Such lovely little touches of shine! And I always love to see how you create texture. You projects never cease to impress!

Barbara said...

Wow Sandra! These colors are totally stunning! As always you're a master of background! You've created in me a new need, I'll put the nuvo dust in my wish list! Barbara