Monday, June 24, 2019

Stars and Stripes card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Stars and Stripes".


Since it is almost 4th of July and the theme is stars and stripes, I went for it. For the background I've used the Crate stencil and Crackle Texture Paste. Don't know what happened, but the last few projects I use Crackle mediums in I get nice crackles... strange, I normally have such ugly crackles! Okay, lets move on...While the Crackle was drying, I gave the resin parts a layer of Gesso.


 

This time I wanted to use subtle colors and not go too far with red and blue, because those are such strong colors. I started coloring the wings blue with Opal Magic Blue-Gold. And I wanted to make the weird mechanical part in a light red, and I used Nuvo Shimmer Powder for that mixed with Soft Matte Gel, but that looked not that great. Blotted most of it off and went over it with Nuvo Mousse Persian Red, and wow, I loved that result lots more.

 

Back to the background, it was finally dry, I used Opal Magic Blue-Gold, Metallique Steampunk Copper and Distress Paint Fired Brick to give it some color. All very light and in stripes. To add a little extra red I used Nuvo Shimmer Powder Catherine Wheel, and here it was exactly what I wanted :).
The construction bit is always my favorite part, but I also find it the most difficult. Often I've thought about it a bit beforehand, this way I know in advance which colors I want where. With Heavy Body Gel I adhered the larger pieces and with Soft Matte Gel the smaller pieces.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

4 comments:

experiments in paper said...

Love the softness you've created here, and your collaging a la Finnabair - really beautiful! Using the crackle is brilliant! Have a great week - xx Lynn

Lorraine A said...

How gorgeous is this!!! the background is fabulous and I love all of the metallic details, absolutely stunning!! :-)

hope you have a great weekend!
luv
Lols x x x

Maura said...

You have totally been rocking the grungy, layered steampunk look! Love it! hugs,Maura

Terry said...

Hey Sannie, geweldig mooi hoor en vind je project erg mooi, dank je wel voor het delen meis en op naar de volgende topper xxx Liefs Terry