Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Light in Darkness

Hi everyone,

The days are getting shorter and nights are getting longer. A good reason to bring some light in the darkness, and that is precisely what the challenge of Frilly and Funkie is about this fortnight. And I'm entering this tag also into the Compendium of Curiosties challenge where the challenge is to use the Distress Ink Palette We have only a few techniques to go before we reach the end of the second book.


First I've colored in the stamp with Distress Reinkers. This stamp is one of my favorites, you can almost always use this stamp for every occasion.


Then I made the background with various colors of Distress Ink, and I've done with that with a sponge, so that I could go around the colored parts with precision. It's a bit lighter around the stamp, but I find that very pretty. As if it's glowing a bit.







Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

13 comments:

Caroline said...

This is so beautiful the layout and colours are gorgeous. Caroline xx

Drycha said...

stunning tag and I love txt!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the touch of the gears on the gas light!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love this! The gears are too cool and really amp up the effect! Love the colored metal poinsettias as well! Fab tag! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh - oh my gosh!! For me, this is the best tag you have ever made. I love the colors -- oh my gosh!!! I guess with all you instructions you don't mind me stealing some of these ideas!! Sandra I love it - absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
sandy

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Prachtig!!! Love it!!! Dat rood komt nu zooooo mooi uit. Liefs leintje *

Terry said...

Sandra, this is gorgeous! I love the inking around that fab image, which is colored so beautifully! Love this tag and thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous! Looks so beautiful, and lit from within. Super stamping, too... thanks so much for sharing this with us at Frilly and Funkie!

Jenny Marples said...

This is so beautiful and it's great to see how you put it together Sandra. Hugs, Jenny x

Patricia said...

WAUW zeg Sandra wat MOOI!!!!!!
Gaaf gemaakt hoor!
Gr Patricia

Sandy said...

Well this is my favorite tag -- I love those colors and your art journal - Fang-Dang-Tastaic!! You are running circles around me kid and I so love it when you come for a visit!
Sandy

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is wonderful, Sandra - love the colors you used. And I agree with you that your sponging, which leaves lighter shades around the lamp post, is lovely. Super take on our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie.

Sandy said...

I still love this tag -- I am just going to have to steal this idea - but I will give you credit - will you be mad at me!!
Sandy