Monday, December 3, 2012

Winter home

Hi everyone,

The winter is coming fast and so is Christmas! It's already December, and I just can't believe that Christmas is only a few weeks away. This week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is House Rules. At this time of year, I can only think of Christmas and so I made in my artjournal a snowy landscape with a sweet little house that represents my cozy home with christmas.



First I've covered the pages with the super beautiful new Tissue Wrap. I liked it already a lot just the way it was, that I found it very difficult to whitewash it with some watered gesso. Of course I did it anyway, because otherwise it wouldn't become Christmassy. To create some texture I've used some modeling paste and stencil Dyan Reavely and made some snowflakes. This was the first time I've worked with modeling paste. Really cool stuff, very easy to work with, much easier than I thought!



The little hose is made from old scraps that I've had saved. At the bottom of the pages I put some lave, which represents a little coat of snow.





To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

19 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Its lovely - I love using modelling paste and cant get enough of it at the moment, also Paperartsy did a demo at the NEC where Leandra used texture paste mixed together with puff paint and heated it - even more fabulous!

Patricia said...

Echt SUPERGAAF zeg Sandra!
De sneeuwsterren zijn zoooooo mooi(ik heb ze ook gekocht natuurlijk)haha.
Mooie kleuren echt helemaal winters!
Groetjes Patricia

Caroline said...

WOW this is gorgeous I love the colours. Caroline xxx

Suzanne C said...

Love the soft icy blues. Beautiful soft texture with the tissue tape and the dimension of the snowflakes. Lovely house from scraps!

Candy C said...

Sandra...your art journal pages are beautiful. I love the blue and white theme! The textured snowflakes on your pages are so lovely. Your "scrap house" is darling! I love the writing around the edge of it! <3 Candy

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous art journal page Sandra! Love the colours and all the textures. The snowflakes look wonderful and your house is so sweet.

Annie said...

Fabulous journalling piece Sandra. Love the colour combo and gorgeous snowflakes. X

Tracey said...

Oh Sandra I love the pretty blue tones and the textured snowflakes are a perfect touch!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Really pretty pages Sandra, love the icy blue and whites. Great texture and I love your quaint little house along with your snowflakes. Tracy x

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty! love the softness and the blue :)

Sandy said...

you are killing me!!!!!! I love this journal page. I love just about all houses and and I dearly love snow and here you go combining it all. what a treasure you are!!! I need to get busy with my art journal - love what you did sweet lady!
Sandy

Sandy said...

I just have to tell you one more time - I love this creation a ton!!
Sandy

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh my, the texture is outstanding, Sandra! Love this page.

Jenny Marples said...

Adding the modelling paste snowflakes over the tissue makes all the difference and adds a whole new dimension to these lovely pages. Fanstastic inspiration as ever. Hugs, Buttons x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning pages, Sandra! I really love the layering and texture to both pages! The snowflakes are so pretty!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Another gorgeous entry on these pages! Love the textured snowflakes...blue is beautiful as well!

Marjie Kemper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Die sneeuwsterren zijn echt keigaaf!!! Dat huis is ook mooi geworden en de tekst erlangs is super leuk. Overal zijn zoveel mooie details te zien, deze moet ik nog even in het echt van dichtbij bekijken hoor!!! Liefs leintje*

Words and Pictures said...

Such beautiful pages; the snowflake background in such frosty pastels is gorgeous, and the little house is simply lovely!
Alison x