Monday, December 31, 2012

Celebration with a cup of tea

Hi everyone,

The moment is there, the last day of 2012 has arrived. What a great year it has been! When I look back on this year, so much has happened in the creative sense, but also in working and privacy atmosphere . I'm very pleased with how the year has gone by. It's now time for 2013. And to end this year and to start a brand new one, Simon Says Stamp and Show has a fun challenge for us, a Mad Tea Party! There are no rules for this challenge, it's an anything goes one! But if you're inspired to make it a tea party like us, please do so!



I always like to interpret the challenges literally, so when I think of a tea party, I think of a teapot with cups. For this challenge I wanted to use products and tools which I discovered/bought in 2012. Like my Silhouette Cameo. It's been a while since I've used it and this 3D project was perfect to put it to work. Other things I bought in 2012 is my favorite ink, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. I absolutely love that color! The Distress Dry Glitter Rock Candy is such beautiful stuff, really amazing that you can give it any color with alcohol inks. My favorite adhesive for metal, fabric, buttons and foam board is Tacky Glue! It's really awesome and a really good alternative for the glue gun, which I always fight with. And not to forget the Idea-ology Mini Gears, I find them so cute and I can really use it on anything.







Yes my Silhouette Cameo has worked its little bottom of and my Glossy Accents is half empty after making this project. I always find it so much fun to pick out the design paper for this kind of projects and with the Little Black Dress collection, I had plenty of choice. I'm very happy with the result and it looks perfect on the table in my living room!





To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Have a Happy New Year!!! Love to see you next year!

Hugs,
Sandra

19 comments:

Danee said...

Cute tea pot and I love how you took it all so literally.

crealinedance said...

Hoi hoi wat een super thee set.Fijne jaarwisseling en een gezond creatief 2013.gr.Nel

Cis-sy said...

Hoi!!

Echt super super tof!!!! Toevallig heb ik een Cameo besteld eergister en nu heb ik er alleen maar nog meer zin in om mee te gaan werken strakjes!!!

Hele fijne dag vandaag en de beste wensen alvast voor komend jaar!
Dikke kus Cis-sy

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH Wat is ìe gaaf geworden he!En die tandwielen op de deksel,aan de zijkant en op de lepel is echt heel leuk. Ik vind hem ook helemaal jouw stijl. Ook de combinatie met blauw vind ik helemaal geweldig!!!
Dit is zo`n gave set op weg te zetten.

Liefs,
Leintje*

Terry said...

Hey San je setje is echt TE GEK hoor meis, prachtige kleurtjes en heel mooi afgewerkt. Gaaf hoor....wow...
Verder wil ik je een heel fijn uiteinde toewensen voor jou en je familie en dat we elkaar nog vaak mogen spreken hoor in het Nieuwe Jaar. Veel geluk hoor San. Veel liefs Terry

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow these are fabulous - they look such fun. I have an old craft robo sitting dusty in a cupboard - I really should dust it down and have a play again shouldnt I! Hope you have a fabulous new year.

Suzanne C said...

Spectacular Tea Cup and Tea Pot! Love the leopard print on the inside. Beautiful and wonderful set! Wishing you a very Blessed New Year to you and your family!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Sandra, fantastic tea pot and tea cup, the leopard print is very striking on the interior. Love the colour palette you have chosen and your use of the gears. Gorgeous project Sandra. Happy New Year. Tracy x

Anna-Karin said...

This project is amazing Sandra! Such a wonderful idea! Love the colours, patterns and great details. Happy New Year to you!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

WOW!! Super amazing project, Sannie! All the detail is absolutely stunning!

Happy New Year!
*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Candy C said...

Sandra, I love your dimensional teapot and teacup! Oh my goodness...so adorable! I love the papers you've used...the black and turquoise is so striking! I also love your Ideaology embellishments! The turquoise ribbon on the teapot really is a nice touch, too. Beautiful job, Sandra! Happy 2013! <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

Hoi Sandra,

Allereerst wens ik je alle goeds voor 2013 en heel veel gezellige creatieve uurtjes! Wat leuk gedaan zeg deze thee set. Ik ga je blog in de gaten houden hoor. Groetjes Kitty

Sandi said...

this is whimsy, charm, elegance all rolled into one, just adorable, I might even try this 3d project, thanks for sharing, hugs

Anonymous said...

this is so very cool!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fabulous make! They look so real! Great idea!!!!

Terry said...

I want to attend your tea party! Sandra, this is one fantastic project! Love the teacup! Wishing you a very Happy 2013! Hugs!

Gerrina said...

Wat een enorm mooie theeset! Daar past mijn theedoosje wel bij; dan kun je meteen aan de "leut"! Zonder gekheid: dit is een van de mooiste creaties die ik de laatste tijd heb gezien! Dank je voor je berichtje op mijn blog. Ik ga nog even verder hier rondkijken.... Hugs, Gerrina

Words and Pictures said...

What a brilliant project... chic, smart and such a lot of fun - wow!
Alison x

Sandy said...

Well you certainly have been busy and this as a wonderful project - tea and crumpets anyone? I know you are please with the tea pot and cup - you did a wonderful job!!
Sandy