Monday, December 17, 2012

Snowflake Ornaments

Hi everyone,

In about a week it's Christmas, and that means that everyone is busy with lots of  preparations and last minute Christmas shopping. Hopefully you'll have some time to make some gifts, because this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is gift-spiration! Personally I find it so much fun to make decorations as a present. The new Snowflake Rosette by Tim Holtz makes stunning ornaments to hang in the christmas tree or hang anywhere else in the house. You can also use them to embellish your presents.



First of all I've cut some Neenah Solar White cardstock to size. I've inked it up with the different colors of green Distress Inks and did that on both sides. As an ornament, both sides need to be pretty.
Then I cut the rosettes out of the cardstock. The tear lines is very fragile, so I stuck a piece of tissue tape on one side.



For a bit more interest, I used some stamps. On the large rosette I decorated the edges with gold embossing powder.
Time to struggle to get the rosettes in their shape and gluing them. That's really the hardest part. I need some more practise with that.






To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

Patricia said...

WAUW dat heb je mooi gemaakt zeg Sandra!!!!!
Gr Patricia

Sunshine Girl said...

These are so lovely - I have been meaning to use my dies the past three or four weeks and still havent! oh well plenty of time left to panic still..... I find the easiest thing to do with these is fold up a batch of them, glue them into circles and then use a heatgun to fix them together - put a blob of glue on your mat and then collapse the snowflake down into shape ontop of the glue - they stick much better then, any that I do using tape seem to pop open after a few days. hth.

Caroline said...

WOW these are stunning love them. Caroline xxx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! I have visions of your Christmas tree covered in all these beautiful tags and ornaments done in the vibrant color you used on these and your tag.

Candy C said...

Sandra, your Tim Holtz snowflakes are so lovely! They will definitely look beautiful on a Christmas tree or grace the outsides of a Christmas present! Beautiful job! <3 Candy

Terry said...

Sandra, these ornaments are gorgeous and will look wonderful on your Christmas tree, which maybe you will share a picture of?? Great use of that snowflake die and now I may have to add that to my collection! Hope you are having a wonderful start to the week! Hugs!

Anna-Karin said...

These are beautiful Sandra! Love the detail you got with the stamps and the pretty gold embossing.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Sandra, love your decorations, the snowflakes are perfect, wonderful dimensional pieces. Love your choice of colours, these will look fabulous adorning your tree or hung individually. Tracy x

Jenny Marples said...

These are so beautiful and I love the jump rings on them. Hugs, Jenny x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Wonderful gifts! Love the deep yellowish gold color! So fun and so gift-spirational!!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow! Gorgeous ornaments, Sannie! I love the bright yellow color you chose too :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anonymous said...

these are stunning! Love the color!

Cis-sy said...

Zo!!! Deze zijn echt super tof!!!
Mooi gedaan ook met die goude rand!!

XOXO Cis-sy

Cathy said...

Your ornaments are beautiful! I love the colours you used.

Sandy said...

You and me both - my fingers just do not co-operate with me when trying to make these rosettes!! Your rosettes are gorgeous and look like they should go perfectly in you home!
Sandy

Marjie Kemper said...

These are gorgeous, Sandra! Love the colors you chose and how unique they are.