Monday, December 10, 2012

Time for a Christmas Tim Tag

Hi everyone,

I must admit I do miss the 12 tags of Christmas quite a bit. It's amazing that Tim now makes a tag for us every month, but the 12 tags of Christmas was such a happening and I liked it so much. It was my first year last year, and I want more! Well luckily we can, because this week's challenge of Simon Says Stamp and Show is to dive into the archive of his Christmas Tags and pick a tag that inspires you most. Mine is tag of day 1, 2009. The background is really amazing and the whole tag is so beautiful.



I wanted to use colors that fit with my Christmas decorations and that is lime, black, brown and a little gold and silver. For this tag I wanted to use some new products, such as Rock Candy Glitter Dry. I absolutely love this glitter.



I have made 3 colors Dry Glitter. I can never have enough black, and for Christmas I also need some lime green.
The reindeer is stamped with black ink and then coated with some Glossy Accents and then coated with black Dry Glitter. The same way I did the holly, but then with green Dry Glitter and green ink.



The background is made with the wrinkle free distress technique. Then I put a thick layer of Rock Candy Crackle Paint on top. After it was dry I inked up the edges with walnut stain.

 





To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

17 comments:

Patricia said...

WAUW Sandra hij is HEEL MOOI, en gewoon eens lekker ANDERS van kleur!!!!!Gr Patricia

Caroline said...

WOW this tag is gorgeous the colours are so beautiful and I love the deer. Caroline xxx

Sunshine Girl said...

Its very nice - dyeing the glitter to match is a cool technique isnt it. Love your lamppost tag on the previous post too - great colours and the I love the gears on it.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous! The colors are unique for Christmas and that really makes this stand out as a WOW!!!

Annie said...

Fabulous tag Sandra. I love your use of the embellishments. Hope to play along this month.

TFS

Annie x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Sandra, I love your choice of colour and the dry glitter looks fabulous. I still don't have any of this lol. Love your reindeer set against the crackle background very striking. Oh by the way the glitter was perfectly intact on my card lol, it has pride if place on my cupboard. Enjoy your week Sandy. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Sandra...your Christmas tag is beautiful! I love the crackle background...very cool. Then your dry glittered pieces really are nicely done! I agree with you...I love that dry glitter! The added stars and tinsel garland really finish your tag off nicely! <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

What a fabulous color palette and a gorgeous tag. I love that technique!

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous tag Sandra! Love the colour combo and the great crackle and glitter. I love the dry glitter too, I used it today again(glitter everywhere). TFS!

Ruby Craft said...

Gorgeous! Love all the techniques, especially custom coloring the dry glitter.

Suzanne C said...

What fantastic shimmery background! I LOVE the color on this tag and the effect of the crackle is fab! Beautiful holiday tag! Thank you so much for my lovely holiday card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the contrast of those colors :)

Julie Shearer said...

Beautiful .

Sandy said...

Hey! I never thought I would like this color combo but I do! Would love to see your decorations - I bet they are beautiful. Linda at the Funky Junkie did the 12 tags of Christmas this year - maybe she will do it again next year. That's when I started following you - you were doing the Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas. I really like the affect the crackle paint gave your tag and I just cannot get over I much I like that lime green with the black - wow!
sandy

Fieneke said...

heel gaaf, mooie, anders dan anders kleur! Leuke details, de crackle paint, glitters. Super.
Groetjes Fieneke

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Loving the custom glitter!! Wow, this tag is magnificent!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Terry said...

HEy Sandra, weer een geweldige creatie van jouw hand hoor meis, vind de kleurtjes geweldig hoor dat heb je weer mooi gedaan joh, ook de stempelset is echt te gek he.....supersss hoor veel liefs Terry xxxx