Sunday, September 25, 2011

Smashbook day 5: Hotfix and beads

It's day 5 and today I have two themes for you! How exciting! The two themes are hotfix, aka rhinestones, and beads.
I love sparkly things and when somebody introduced me to rhinestones, I was sold. At first I only used them to decorate my bags and then I made applications with it. It costs a lot of rhinestones to make a application, but it's so much fun to do. After that I started decorating t-shirt's and  soon I sparkled in my decorated clothes with matching bag:). Nowadays  I use rhinestones for decorating cards. It gives a very nice effect.

I was quite busy making and decorating bags and I wanted to make a cute hanger for  my bags, so I looked for beads and charms. Soon I had a new hobby: beading. I'm kind of a hamster when I start a new hobby, because I want lots of choices and therefor I start to hoard, lol.

 

For the Hotfix page I've used for the background three colors of distess ink. And in the background on the left I used a handwriting stamp from Tim. The letters Hotfix are made with rhinestones and in ​​the second picture it shows you how I have done that.

 
The "Beads" page I have some examples of my homemade jewerly and I use a cabinet with tiny drawers for all my beads. On the hinges I used embossing powder for the look, but also for a bit more strength. On the other side of the cabinet, I stamped the crown with Distress Ink and I brushed perfect pearls on it, put the excess pearls ​​back in the container and rubbed the remaining excess off with a cloth. Tadaaa!

The theme for tomorrow is the Cricut!

See you tomorrow!

Sandra

0 comments: