Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's my brothers birthday

Hi everyone,

Today I made ​​a card for my brother. Next week he will be 37. And of course I can not go to his birthday without a handmade card. I find it very difficult to make a masculine card. It's not a typical male card. When I think about a male card, it has dark colors. I wanted nice bright colors, for this one.






With this card, I participate with Frilly and Funkie. This time the challenge is to use stencils or masks. I used a stencil. I absolutely love this stencil. It is the Mini Punchinella of The Crafters' Workshop. I want a few more.... Can't get enough of them.



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

12 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

How cool is this?!?!? What an awesome card, Sandra. Love how you colored Tim's number strip stamp, and all your great stenciling and stamping. So glad to see you again at Frilly & Funkie this week!

Terry said...

Happy Birthday to your brother! Love the inky background and the numbers are a great touch! This is too cool!

Patricia said...

Hij is PRACHTIG zeg!!!
Groetjes Patricia

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Sandra...colorful and masculine...you did it! This is so cool! Love your stencil choice as well! Your brother will love this! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

Cis-sy said...

Gefeliciteerd met je broer alvast!!
En ik vind hem ook erg mooi geworden!! juist weer eens wat anders dan idd de "standaard" donkere mannenkaarten!!

Groetjes Cis

crealinedance said...

Hoi leuke kaart geworden .gr.Nel

Annie said...

Hi Sandra. This is a fabulous male card and the colours are lovely. The stamps you used are great and I like the addition of the twine and button. I am sure your brother will be delighted. TFS.......Annie :)

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

In het echt is 'ie nog veel mooier, ik vind de kleuren combinatie ook prachtig! Mannenkaarten vind ik ook altijd moeilijk, deze is echt super mooi geworden!!

Liefs,
Leintje*

Sandy said...

Well Happy Birthday to your brother!! Love the 37 - a wonderful male card or card for anyone for that matter!
Sandy

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is really sensational, Sandra! I like how colorful it is, especially the way you inked the numbers stamp. I think it's a terrific card for your brother. So happy you shared it with us at Frilly and Funkie!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, I too always seem to use dark colours for men's cards, great to see a bright card for a man ! I'm sure your brother will love it ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Classy birthday card. Love it!