Monday, February 1, 2016

Dina style inspired tags with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about Ray of Sunshine. We are showcasing Dina Wakley products if you have them.

I think Dina Wakley's style is totally awesome. She is very good with the use of colors. And I like her style of drawing, it's quite amazing. It has a nonchalant feel, but there is a lot of technique and knowledge behind her art.
 

For this challenge I made two tags. The first one didn't get recorded, because it was late in the evening and I don't have enough light then. But I was in a crafty mood and wanted to go wild with colors. I used  Dina's techniques and her color use wherever possible, but I also have added my own style to the tags.

 

When I see the result of the color explosion, I really need to do this more often. What a cheerful colorful tags, they make me so happy! To make the color stand out a little more I drew some outlines with a white Gelly Roll pen around the Leaves.

 

Lately I make a video of all my projects, so I needed to make another tag and record it so you can see how I've created my tag. It so fun to share, but it's also fun for me to watch it sometimes.

  
I absolutely don't have any drawing skills! It's so bad that I can't even trace an image. But with this Dina Leaves mask I was able to fake some drawing skills, LOL! What an amazing effect  a black aquarelle pencil gives!
See below the video of the second tag that I made from start to finish.



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Both are wonderful Sannie. The first one is my favorite. Just drawn to it more - maybe it's the black leaf. They are both just really beautiful creations for sure. j.

Maura said...

Hey, your drawing skills are just fine! Let me get my sunglasses out! LOL! I love the bright colors you used on these, they are so FUN! The white you added is brilliant. Way to go, Sandra!

Stephanie said...

This is GORGEOUS, Sandra! The vibrant jewel tones are out of this world and so eye catching!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Pinned!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tags, fantastic colours and I loved your video too. Tracy x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tags Sandra, the colors and whole design is fabulous

Luv
Lols X X X

Terry said...

Sandra, these two tags are gorgeous! I love the vibrant colors and what a great video! My white pens always dry out and that is most likely due to the desert dry conditions! Hugs!

Meihsia Liu said...

Your creation is always amazing, Sandra. The colors and texture on these tags are gorgeous! :)

Barbara said...

I'm in love with these tags! I adore every little detail! I love the layers, the colors you used, white to highlight , absolutely stunning! BArbara

Beulah Bee said...

These are delicious.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Hands down-- this is my FAVORITE project of yours ever!!! I was gasping when I saw these (in a good way) because it was so out-of-the-box for you, and yet every time you go out of the box, you create these mini masterpieces! How wonderful that you have developed your own aesthetic style, but that you can also "nail it" when you do something completely different. Excellent work here!

Unknown said...

These are outstanding. I agree there's more than just a randomness going on here. It all looks so casual, but a lot of artistic skill is involved. I just tried out my Dilusions tonight to work on an entry, my first time using them. This will take a bit of practice.

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful tags, full of colour and vibrancy ~ these are just stunning, Sandra! Hugs... :)

Anna-Karin said...

Wow Sandra, these tags are amazing!! They just pop out of the computer screen. I love them! Gorgeous vibrant colours and fantastic layers.

Béa ScrapTiwi said...

An enormous thank you for this tutoriel which I followed with pleasure.
My réa is here : http://scraptiwi.canalblog.com/archives/2016/05/06/33770503.html
Good day.