Monday, February 22, 2016

Music Notes Art Journal Spread with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about being inspired by music.



I think of myself as a music lover, although I can concentrate better without music. But there are plenty of moments to put on a little music. During crafting for example. This art journal spread is based on my love for music. I find those Ephemera Prima Marketing absolutely fabulous, because they are so gorgeous and can be used for lots of different kinds of projects. I chose a photo of a lady for my layout. I adhered it with all sorts of Washi tape.

 

With Archival Ink Jet Black I stamped the Music Sheet and It is Written stamps around the picture. Last week the new release of Simon Says Stamp, called Reason to Smile, came out. For this spread I used the Friendship Blooms stamp set. I colored with a Black Aquarelle Pencil and Green Watercolor Pencil from Prima Marketing. To give these flowers a little more dimension I gave a small white accent with a White Gelly Roll Pen.

 

I made another video from start to almost the finish. I thought I had put the camera back on when I used the Sunset Sunrise stencil and Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Spray. But unfortunately I didn't push the record button... For all other steps, click below for the video :).



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

19 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous pages Sandra, I love the vintage/monochromatic look of this, the sepia tones and perfect and the musical details take you back to another era, very lovely :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

I love how you used washi tape on your page, Sandra! I have got to try this. Such a pretty page! I enjoyed watching your video and seeing the process and I love the song in your video, it's one of my favorites. Cathie <3

Macarena said...

I really love it. This is so romantic and delicate. Amazing :-)

scrapwordsmom said...

loving that vintage girl!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful pages, Sandra. The background patterns and the image are gorgeous. :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I love the kraft journal...looks awesome as a border. And love the image...gorgeous pages!

Stephanie said...

Love the distressed sheet music looking background, Sandra! Perfect for the challenge!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Barbara said...

Love the vintage look of this page,the touch of gold is perfect! Beautiful work as always, I love your video!!!! barbara

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful pages Sandra...love the vintage image and lots of wonderful detail...hugs kath xxx

Maura said...

Sandra, you are my washi inspiration - I love how you incorporate it into your work! Lovely pages celebrating music!

Dawn Darlene said...

LoVE your art journal!

Dawn Darlene said...

LoVE your art journal!

Emma Williams said...

I just love everything about these pages, Sandra! I adore the vintage feel to them and the detail in your work is always second to none...just fabulous! Hugs... :)

Sandy said...

Loved your video - there is no hesitation here - you just do it! And do it you did! Wonderful spread!!!
sandy xx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

I could watch your videos over and over and over and over again and never get bored.
Thanky ou for sharing your talent. Love your spread!
Hugs Zoey

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a thought-provoking piece! I love the image you included and how you paired your classy lady with the whimsical blooms and harder elements like bricks. You have a knack for pulling things together that I would never think of combining! Thanks for always inspiring me and for giving me things to add to my Simon cart every time I swing past!

Beulah Bee said...

How did I miss your original post!! I made it here today via Margie Kemper and what a great way to start my morning. Such a lovely page and I admire the delicate touch and thoughtful arrangement. So glad I took time to watch the video because the close-up shots of the piece at the end of it just took my breath away.

LuLu Badgley said...

I liked the way you started with the focal image and worked "backwards" to achieve the layers that support it.

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful journal pages and design!! I saw your project on Marjie Kemper's blog and then came here and watched the video - which was awesome. I subscribed to your YouTube channel to catch more of your videos.