Monday, February 29, 2016

Metropolitan Love Story tag with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about taking a leap. As it is Leap Day, do you call it that? I'm not sure... Like trying new techniques, making a birthday card for somebody whose birthday is February 29th, or maybe a wedding inspired project.



My tag was inspired by romantic movies. I like almost all the genre films, and really like romcoms, not really those old ones, as you might expect since I used the Prima Marketing Ephemera picture.

 

I really got the taste to photo tint pictures with Watercolor Pencils. I'm really a fan of pencils instead of markers and ink. For photo tinting, I love more to use the subtle colors. The markers and inks are a little too intense for that technique for me.

To see the process from start to finish, click on the video below.



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag Sandra, the colours and whole vintage style of this is fabulous! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Macarena said...

Love this Love story! And the colors so warm and soft. Especially adorable is the cork with embellished sentiment. Truly lovely. Hugs, Marzena.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Great tag! I love the whole movie theme. I love movies too, but I also love the old ones...even black and white. Fun tag too!

Sandy said...

So dramatic - you make it looks so easy Sandra! Everything looks great together and so nicely placed!
sandy xx

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous tag, Sandra! I love the mint accents!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Maura said...

Beautiful tag, Sandra! Loving the minty colors, and as always, admiring your masterful use of washi!

D.Ann C said...

Precious!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fantastic tag, Sandra. Great embellishments and design! :)

Beulah Bee said...

A bit of romance on Leap Year Day is quite appropriate given that there used to be a tradition where it was okay for a women to propose to her boyfriend on that day. Love your tag and BTW, Tim's discontinuing the Commute washi so you'd better stock up as I know it's one of your favorites :)

Catherine said...

This is so pretty, Sandra. I LOVE the colors! Cathie <3

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful tag Sandra and I love that image that you used. Gorgeous colours and bow.

Emma Williams said...

A beautiful tag and perfect for Leap Year! I love how it's told a story and just love everything about this romantic creation! Hugs... :)

Barbara said...

I already tell you that I love so much your videos????? This tag is stunning, love the color combo, one of my faves! Barbara

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Beautiful tag sweetie and of course your video is GREAT!!!
Thanks for sharing your process everytime <3 hugs

Terry said...

What a grand love story it is, Sandra! This tag is gorgeous and I love all the details and layers! Happy Sunday! Hugs!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely great piece! It totally tells a story and has such a great romantic vibe! You are so thoughtful in what you choose to incorporate and focus on and this is lovely in all aspects!