Monday, February 15, 2016

Recycle Dream on Card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about Recycle style.

With crafting I throw too many things away. Scraps, packaging and things in daily life that I could have used in my projects. This challenge got me thinking to not just throw everything away. But think if I could use it for something in the future. I used a packaging from a Prima Marketing stamp set as the base for my card.

 

My first step was making a background blending Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon and Fossilized Amber Distress Ink together. And because the packaging a bit of a gloss finish the ink work very nicely. Especially the Spritz and Flick method works well with this surface.



To apply contrast and make some texture I chose the Latticework stencil with some Black Soot colored Crackle Paste. To give the crackle more definition I went over it with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and an Ink Blending Tool. With a white Gelly Roll pen I doodled some effects to the crackle, the Butterflies and the Cork letters. Below the whole proces of making this card:




SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

22 comments:

Lorraine A said...

GORGEOUS card Sandra! I love the colours and the whole design of this, the crackled embossing is fabulous! LOVE it and great recycling too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

I love how you used the bubble wrap on your project, Sandra! I've got to give this a try and those Tim Holtz alphanumeric thinlits dies are going on my wish list! Thanks for the inspiration. Cathie <3

Unknown said...

Oh wow - what an incredibly wonderful video tutorial - thank you soooo much Sannie. The close up of your project at the end showed ever luscious crack and crevice... what a truly inspiring card. Not only the "make" but the "message" too. You are just sooo talented. j.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Love the video tutorial Sannie!!! and also awesome project!
hugs ZOey

Barb Turpin said...

Gorgeous project, you always add such great texure. And I love that the butterflies come in two different sizes with the text...I was wondering how you did that!

Sandra said...

Hi Barb, thanks for your sweet comment! In the stamp set are the butterflies in two sizes. So there is no trick to it :) Hugs, Sandra

Sandra said...

Thanks for your super lovely comment! You're so very kind! I love crackle paste, and Wendy's works amazingly! Hugs, Sandra

Maura said...

What a beautiful card you made with the packaging for the background! It certainly adds another element to it, and works beautifully with the textures you've created, Sannie! Awesome blue crackle and words.

Sandy said...

Your dream on is absolutely right on target for me. I dream about having more time to make and be on the computer. It is pretty neat to be able to use some of the stuff we would normally throw in the trash. When I first saw this, I thought for sure it had to be an art journal page - terrific for a card! You sure do know how to put things together!
Sandy xx

Stephanie said...

WOW! That combination of texture is just way too beautiful!! Great work!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Beulah Bee said...

I admire the bold, expressive colors you used and the added textures. Prima had a great idea to put text on the butterfly wings and you used their stamp so perfectly here. Loved the bubble-wrap stamping (what a useful technique) and Gelly-Roll accents. Thanks for sharing the video, too!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

A new favorite! LOVE the color scheme, the tape, the crackled texture, the butterflies! So gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Sandra I love to watch your videos! Great use of bubblewrap, fantastic! love every detail of your card! Barbara

Terry said...

Sandra, your recycled project is gorgeous! I love everything about it. That crackled texture is amazing. This is a favorite of mine! Love it!

Greta said...

Wow--wonderful project! So much to look at--fabulous texture!

Jenny Marples said...

So beautiful. I love that stencilled texture. Jenny x

Theresa said...

Just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration. I made my version of your card for my card pal exchange this month. I post my cards on facebook and pinterest and I go back and comment on my pins that I made a card from your inspiration. thanks as always for sharing.

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous project Sandra! I love those wonderful cracks and the pretty butterflies.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

It's always such a joy to see how you create things and what the process is behind your art. You are a master of layers and dimension and I especially love the texture you created on the "Dream On" sentiment.

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a fabulous creation, Sandra. Love the beautiful embellishments you created. :)

Emma Williams said...

As always, a fantastic video and as Andrea says, a joy to watch how you create things! This is so beautiful and I just love all the layers and texture! Gorgeous work, Sandra!
Hugs :)

Emma Joyner said...

Sandra, this is gorgeous! To think this was a backing piece! I especially love how you added the white accents into the crackle paste.