Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy birthday challenge card

Hi there,

I think my inspiration is coming back slowly. Fortunately, because I didn't like that it was gone ... With the next card I'm playing along with the three following challenges:

ColorQ:


Use it tuesday:
Cooking up fun, and I used 2 stamps (the cook, and the sentiment) I have laying around for ever. These were the first stamps I bought since I started cardmaking.

Inspirational Card sketches:



For the first time I have really made an attempt to color a stamp in with distress ink and luckily I had bought paper for that yesterday. I'm pleased with the result. I don't know much about light and shadows and all, but I definitely want to learn more about it. Maybe by a workshop or something.
The result:





The materials:
  • Distress Ink: spiced marmalade, tumbled glass, rusty hinge, dried marigold, Wallnut stain, frayed burlap, Mustard Seed, by barn, tattered rose
  • Embossing folder
  • sandpaper
  • Water brush
  • flowers
  • Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by!!

Sandra

9 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

Super cute card thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday-Haven

Anonymous said...

Ooo, wat een leuke kaart is het geworden. Nou ik vind hem erg mooi ingekleurd hoor, met lichte plekken op z'n broek en ook op het sjaaltje zie je duidelijk verloop. Heel goed gedaan!

Liefs,
Leintje*

Sylvia said...

Cute birthday card, Sandra! That image is so cute! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Mari said...

Your card is very cute.
Thank you for playing along with us at ICS :)

Suzanne Bier said...

Very fun birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us at the colourQ this week!

Susie Little said...

Great Take on our sketch! Thank you for playing at ICS xx

Sonya said...

Such a cute little image!! So glad you joined us at UIT this week!!

Jessica Theodore said...

This is such a lovely card, and you have done a wonderful job colouring the little chef. Thanks for playing along at ICS x

Heather B said...

Beautiful card Sandra!! Congrats on being picked as the winner at this weeks Use It Tuesday challenge.