Saturday, October 8, 2011

Smashbook day 13: Yudu

Today's theme is Yudu.  
What is Yudu, you maybe thinking. Yudu is a screen printing machine, which you can make screenprints with. Only the sheet that you use for exposure you don't make with the machine or with a part of the machine, but otherwise, everything else you do with Yudu. After screenprinting in the graphic workshop, I went looking for my own screen printing machine. Accidentally I stumbled upon the Yudu. Unfortunately this machine only was available in America. Still, I'd gathered as much information about it as I could. The Yudu is from ProvoCraft and I found a great American website where you can get cheap Provocraft stuff. I didn't know if I should do it, but finally I did it anyway. It took an eternity before it arrived in the Netherlands, but when it arrived I didn't even bother to take off my coat, I had to get to work. haha. Unfortunately I found out that I couldn't use it yet because I had to get a converter so I wouldn't blow up the machine! After a search all around the city I found the converter, so that same night I started screenprinting. It is a very precise process with a lot of steps. It is difficult to do the emulsion and get the exposure time right. But the first time was not a bad start!

On the left page, I've decorated the background with three colors Distress Ink (spun sugar, tumbled glass and broken china), for the tag I've used 5 different colors distress ink (spun sugar, tumbled glass, broken china, Victorian velvet and vintage photo). The tag I cut out of black cardstock and did a print 'n cut (my print' n cut method ...) and I used crackle paint rock candy on it  for that nice crackled effect. The buttons I glued on with glossy accents.




On the right page I did a print 'n cut of the Yudu logo and decorated it with baby blue and turquoise Stickles. The flowers are from e-line and I fastened them with a brad.




Tomorrow I've got two themes yet again!
See you tomorrow!

Sandra

0 comments: