Saturday, October 1, 2011

Storage box for sponges (or blending pads)

A friend of mine came up with an ingenious idea to store the sponges that I use as a blending tool for distress ink. Namely, a storage box with 36 compartments for beads. I wanted to share that idea with you! I find it so very useful!

I had the sponges in a box and on top of each sponge I put the initials of the color, but I was still searching for the right color when I needed one. And that's when she came up with the idea to use the storage box for the sponges. Earlier I gave her another storage box for the drops of the distress re-inkers. She asked me if I were sure and couldn't use it myself. But I had 2 more left, so everybody was happy!

To finish the storage box of I made a color chart with the names of all the colors (including the colors I don't yet have). I used a piece of foam as a stamp, and stamped each color at the corresponding color. I stuck it on the bottom. I made another color chart and put it on the inside of the lid.

 
 

I hope you find it as useful as i do.
Sandra

UPDATE (16-10-2011): A full storage box, now I have al the distress inkpads :D!

0 comments: